Yesterday afternoon I received a call stating that this company was verifying my information that I had recently posted on an online directory. Although the woman on the phone barely spoke English, I tried to go through the routine…then the sales pitch began. I was not interested and ended the call. If it had ended there, everything would have been fine.
But it didn’t.
The woman at this number proceeded to call my phone number 22 more times during the next 5 hours. The calls have already continued today. Some calls were less than a minute apart.
So, this can serve as a warning for anyone who gets a call from this number…DO NOT PICK UP THE PHONE.
And in case the company who owns this number happens to see this, here are a few tips on how to ruin any possible chance of ever doing business with me.
1. Hire a telemarketer who does not speak the same language as the customer.
2. Make sure the telemarketer does not clearly identify your company name.
3. Make sure that the telemarketer mispronounces the customers name.
4. Drag on your sales pitch for 20 minutes (How many times can you say the same thing?)
5. Call back every couple of minutes over a period of hours instead of sending the email containing the information like the customer requested.
The customer is no longer requesting. You have ruined your opportunity. Remove my name from your list and do not contact me again.
If you think I’m the only one with a bad experience with this company, think again. Here are some links just in case you are still considering them.